Mark has been an accredited Invisalign provider for over 10 years, and has continued training in this field to stay up to date with the progress and development of Invisalign.
Invisalign is an aligning technology system developed to move teeth with a series of clear plastic aligners. The concept was founded in 1997, and was made available to the public in 2001. Invisalign is seen as an alternative to braces that offers the same results with a proven, yet different, system.
When Invisalign originated, it was described as a good approach for aligning teeth needing minor corrections, such as a little spacing, mild crowding and small upper to lower tooth and jaw movements. Originally intended only for simple adult treatments, the technique is now available for teens and for more complex cases.
Nowadays, Invisalign can be used for most orthodontic cases, as it has continuously developed since it's formation and now has greater control for tooth movement. Invisalign can now close extraction spaces, open bites and rotate teeth.
Invisalign can be a great option for patients who want their orthodontic treatment to be discreet, and more aesthetically pleasing. Age, case suitability and patient compliance are important factors in a successful outcome.
Computerized treatment planning is a part of the Invisalign process. You can review the projected smile design, learn how long the treatment is likely to take, compare different plans and make an educated decision about whether Invisalign is for you.
Some benefits of Invisalign:
- The clear aligners are virtually invisible, meaning you can always smile confidently
- Enjoy your favourite food anytime without the worry of breakage or staining
- More comfortable and less bulky than traditional braces
- You can brush and floss as usual for good oral health
- Aligners are removable so you can clean them to maintain oral hygiene
- Can be taken out for special events such as weddings and for photographs
To find out more about Invisalign: https://www.invisalign.com.au/